Is it rude for a child you don't know to be riding his bike in your yard?

Do parents teach manners anymore? WTH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think it is rude. I have had this happen before and asked the child to please not ride his bike in our yard. If he did it again, I would let his parents know.

The bikes can really tear up your yard...I bet the parents aren't willing to shell the money out to re landscape. lol
    Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 12:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I think that it is rude, but I don't blame the child. There are kids in our neighborhood that sometimes do things like that, and I don't always know them. I usually just ask them to please stick to the sidewalk because I don't really want tracks through my grass, or sometimes I just tell them they shouldn't play at my house when my daughter isn't outside. I've also told them that we have a strict no bikes in the yard rule because some of my lights and some of our sprinkler heads have been broken (this is true, and my daughter isn't allowed past a certain point on anything with wheels). I've generally had pretty good luck just telling them things like this.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• hmmm...I was wondering what had happened to those two sprinkler heads in my yard! Now I think I know.
    Anonymous

• Tell them they need 2 respect your property, or u will talk 2 their parents
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009