Baby shower/nursery questions?

My dad said that my mom wanted to throw me a baby shower, and now all I can think of is everything we'll need for when the baby gets here! I can't stop worrying and freaking out, and I guess what I'm trying to say is this: What do I REALLY need for when Peanut gets here? What should I tell my mom I want/need for Peanut so that everyone knows what to get? Is it rude to tell people what you want them to give you at your shower?

Thanks!!!

Please, no bashing, just need some help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Create a registry it's easy and fun, most places will have a "suggested items" list that can give you some guidance. Just be sure to let you mom know so she can mention it on the invitation.
    illoyd829

Answer by illoyd829 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would go somewhere and register (like walmart, target, babies r us) then everyone knows what you want withough you actually having to tell them. You can register for the basic stuff like diapers, wipes, bottles, burp rags, clothes, etc. or the bigger things like bedroom decorations, furniture, car seat, stroller.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• not rude at all. the best thing i found was i asked other mothers (like you';re doing now) what they found to be their cant live without products, and then i went to a huge baby store and spent like two hours just perusing the isles and looking at all the different options. my cant live without was gripe water. oh and i dont think its selfish to pick a registry cuz there are soooo many different options of what to get. have fun with it! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It's not rude at all. It's better that way, especially if you create a registry, because that way they know what you want/need and what you like. I would throw you a tip tho.. you really don't need to put clothes on your registry if you do make one, because you will get PLENTY of them regardless LOL. I know tons of ppl, myself included, who got mostly clothes, which is nice, but there are other things that you will need. Also, if you do register, and have a babies r us near your home I would recommend going there. I had an awesome experience registering there! I had a hard time putting the "expensive" stuff that I needed on the registry, but just put it anyways.. if someone buys it..great.. if they don't..then o well. My dad was upset because I didn't put some stuff on because I thought it was too expensive. LOL. have fun with it!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 12:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• OP: Thank you SOOOOOO much! I feel way better now, Lol. I am making a registry right now. :]
    Anonymous

• Along with registering a quick hint. I'm registered at babies r us and target they offer after your baby shower whatever is not bought on your list you get 10% off. That may not seem alot but hey its something right? So just put everything on your list just in case you don't get it at the shower, you can get a lil taken off .
    Ames826

Answer by Ames826 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009