Is raspberry leaf tea just as effective when it's cold?

The midwife suggested that I drink raspberry leaf tea 2-3 times a day in the last trimester to help tone my uterus and prevent bleeding excessively again during birth.

I've been drinking the 2--3 cups a day since about 30 weeks (37 now) but I've always drank it hot just because the directions just say to brew it for 10-15 minutes in hot water.

BUT I'm in Texas and it's hot as heck here so every time I drink it now I feel like I'm going to have a heat stroke.

Is it just as effective cold?

I was thinking about making a big piture, adding some sugar and pouring it over ice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is! and its yummy too :)
    AmandaQuu

Answer by AmandaQuu at 12:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I hope so, I have been drinking it that way for the last 2 weeks. I couldnt take it hot anymore either. I have still been doing it by the cup though, I love the pitcher idea!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• o ya. it works either way. its good. i loved it cool with some clover honey. yummy. and it did help with labor, i was in labor for 7 hours with my first baby! lol. my mom was jealous because with her first it was 36 hours and ended in an e c section.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009