HELP!!! Bed Rest!

So, i have recently been put on bed rest...i still have 5 weeks left before my induction....and thats even a week early. Does anyone have any suggestions to help keep me company? Bed rest with bathroom privilages...thats it. :*(

FirstMomAnt

Asked by FirstMomAnt at 12:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i hear you hunny, im on the same thing and have been for a few weeks now. its hard to do but worth it. i still have a good 9 weeks till my ob will induce me but no one thinks im going to make it. i hope everything turns out great for you hunny!!
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If you like crossword puzzles, you could get the big books of crossword puzzles. I would do some much needed reading. Stuff to take my mind off of being in bed. Also, I would invest in NetFlix, and be getting movies three times a week! I am sorry you have to be on bed rest, ish!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The best advice I can give you is to remain positive and it is ALL mind over matter- seriously. I was in bedrest WITHOUT bathroom priv. for 54 days, then I had another 30 days on bedrest (in the HOSPITAL for all of this) where I could use the bathroom- the only thing I did was thinking about baby and how important it was to keep calm and relaxed- the longer they are in there- the healthier they are. Your time is officially over :) enjoy the rest as much as you can because once baby comes you will not be able to lay in bed :) 5 weeks is short in the grand scheme of things :)

To keep you company- shop for baby stuff! Scrapbook ultrasound pics, premake scrapbook pages for when baby gets here....but above anythign else- remain in a GOOD mood- this REALLY helps!
    Anonymous

• I would say movies, books, mags, talk on the phone. not to be nosey but why are you on bed rest? im due july 25 so thats around the same time as you im a first time mom so just wondering
    Anonymous

• My doc is actually inducing me july 25th. I went into pre term labor sunday night and the doctor put me on bed rest and pelvic rest until further noticei dont know if that means till i have the baby or until i go see my reg. OB and he makes a decision. i havent been having a complicated pregnancy so i dont know..this is =number 2 for me
    FirstMomAnt

Answer by FirstMomAnt at 1:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009