How is your childs room decorated? Do they get to pick it out or do you?

How is your childs room decorated? Did they get to pick it out or was it up to mom and dad? How often do you change it? How elaborate is it......wallpaper, linens, pictures, the entire room or just a loose theme?

l-momoftwo

Asked by l-momoftwo at 12:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I havent gone through this yet but I would give your child some choices. I'd say these are your options princess/cars/horses/etc. and then go with that so they at least have a direction to help you pick out things. I will be letting my DD pick out stuff for her room but not let her go crazy of course! Have fun :)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my DD's room was decorated before she was born & she's only one so i decide. i actually havent changed anything since i first did it. but we are moving at the end of the month, but im gonna decorate it just the same haha

its a green & pink frog theme. the walls are crocodile smile green (bright, but not neon). all the accents are a pale pink & there are stuffed frogs on the shelves & toy chest. i also found cute frog wind catchers & hung them from her curtains (which are pink). everything follows the theme, but there isnt much in there b/c she's still so little.

she can decide what she wants more & more as she gets older.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have chosen not to let the kids a great deal of freedom in this area just yet. As I feel they change their minds and interests much to frequently. It may be princesses one day and butterflies the next. So I made a compromise with both my kids, they could have their comforter and pillow case in a "theme" and the rest of the room would just be a basic color with some decorative pictures. I also let them pick out window clingy stickers. I did this because I do not have the money to constantly be changing their room. Right now my daughter is 5 and her comforter is Disney princess as well as her window stickers (found at the dollar tree), my sons is basketball. I told them after kindergarten they would be able to chose a bedroom "theme", but it would stay until they were 12 or 13.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 1:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My sons share a room, and its decorated in a tiger theme. my oldest has loved tigers since we was like 8 years old. My daughter's room is decorated in a pink princess/butterfly theme. We just let her pick out some wall stickers from the Dollar Tree and decorated her room really pretty with them. She's also got a Dora poster, an angel that my friend made her, and a butterfly craft she made at school.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My dd's room is Disney Princess she had bright pink walls, princess border and princess wall stickers, and her bed is white with Disney Princess sheets and she loves it. If I could I'd do it in cherry's we both LOVE cherry's

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009