Would you celebrate Fathers day dinner the night before?

My mothers day breakfast was a terrible. It was crowded and long wait. We did get the better table we needed for our crowd to fit comfortably. Would u suggest to go the day before? Or order catering for the day of and just relax at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Whatever works best for your family I think is fine. Remember this is a man made holiday.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 2:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Before, after, either really. NEVER go on the day of holidays such as mothers day though. EVERYONE goes out. Wait until monday and have a nice dinner. Or, why not make him his favorite meal at home, get someone to watch the kid(s) an hour or two and have a nice "thank you" evening?
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Anabel1809 is right!! My mother for example really loves celebrations in a home never restaurant but really loves them on the day being celebrated, Mother's Day, Christmas, Father's Day...

My inlaws on the other hand loved the celebration itself on what ever day worked out for every one.

The only way restaurants are ever good on holidays are if you're at the first hour reservation. Any later than that the customers wait for ever!
    Anonymous

• SURE.. why do you need to go out ON that day? You're celebrating the person, not the date on the calendar.

I think a catered brunch/lunch/dinner at home with family, kids, movies, games, outdoor frisbee (or whatever) OR quiet time is WAY better than any stuffy restaurant.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 1:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009