How do you, as a mom, feel free? I so often feel beholden to get the drinks and foods and to shuffle the kids here & there. How do I feel free amongst that?

I want to improve myself and learn what helps others evolve.

rkozy

Asked by rkozy at 1:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• i would like to know that too. sometimes i get into a depressed mood and i feel like im a prisoner in my own home. i never get out because i dont have a car and since im young i dont have a license. my parents make sure they rub it in my face that im lazy, but they dont understand that theres no where around here to go with my dd that isnt dangerous to get to. really. if anyone has ideas. i would love to know.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• How old are your kids? I prepare meals for my family, but I am not a waitress or a short order cook. Kids can ride bikes and take the bus. You can invite your kids' friends to your house. You can go for a walk with your kids and spouse; go to the park and play catch.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You don't!   That is the sacrifice we make when we become mothers.  The good news is that kids grow up and eventually you will be able to start to claim your own life back.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• then you maybe should have thought harder before having kids.
    with kids comes sacrifice. i do everything all alone now since my husband passed away 11 months ago. i never get a moment to myself but then i don't complain either.
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 7:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009