Switching from Enfamil Lipil to Enfamil Gentlease?

Has anyone had any major problems? My son is spitting up ALOT and the doctor recommended to switch but I was just wondering.

Thanks,

Katie0224

Asked by Katie0224 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have been switching from Bj's brand enfamil powder at night and enfamil lipil concentrate during the day.. he hasnt has any problems..
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• if your baby is spitting up so much, try giving him the bottle in small increments, burping more often. don't have him sit up (in the sitting position) right after he eats, this causes the stomach to scrunch up and become "smaller" than it really is, making the formula get to the esophogus and thus, cause spitting up. try this before you switch formula. my son did this as well, and doing this helped out so much
    Anonymous

• I have tried EVERYTHING to get him to stop spitting up so much, I'm just wanting to know if anyone had any problems when they did switch.
    Katie0224

Answer by Katie0224 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My preemie went from Lipil to Gentlease with no trouble. He wasn't spitting up, he was constipated and it helped a LOT with that.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my dd had no problem with the switch. i believe IMO that gentlease is easier on there stomaches. so i didnt have any problem.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 12:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009