How do I find out about food stamps in MN?

I can't find any info at all online and nobody in town can help me. I'm w/o a job & living w/my parents because I was in a car accident and can't work for the next year, I found info on unemployment insurance but not food stamps!

Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Phone book,look under government,,Public assistance

Answer by louise2 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Wherever the Human or Social Services Office in your county is....that's where you usually need to go to fill out all the paperwork. And if not, they should be able to tell you where to go. And if you don't know where a Human Services office is, call the city, and they will be able to direct you there.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• OP here thanks ladies! <3
    Anonymous

• OP again I just called my county health services and they told me where to come in and apply, THANKS SO MUCH!
    Anonymous

• I'm glad you found out. It's your local Department of Job and Family services. they also do day-care vouchers, and WIC if you need it. Just FYI
    cookiedough100

Answer by cookiedough100 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Oh, and before I forget, you can also check with them about applying for medical coverage for you and your child(ren). I hope this info helps.
    cookiedough100

Answer by cookiedough100 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009