HELP!

So, Im going grocery shopping, and I need fairly cheap meal ideas. Im going to try to plan them in advance..........sooo i want all you momas to tell me your fave meal! Give me bumps cause I need lots of ideas :)

airforewifenmom

Asked by airforewifenmom at 1:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• speghetti. it's always the cheapest. also, grilled chicken, lemon pepper chicken, or you can just grill the chicken, make a sandwich out of it, with mayo and cheese. i use the boneless skinless chick breasts. also if you get the boneless skinless Chick B, you can put that in the crockpot with some salsa (about 15oz), have it cook on low for about 4-5 hours, mix some (about 8oz) sour cream in there after 3 1/2 hours of cooking. shred the chicken with a fork. so good
    Anonymous

• you can cook pork chop in coke or pepsi
    you can put cinn-sugar on chicken and bake it kids like that one
    dry onion soap with hamburger or you can use beef jerky
    you can cook dry onion soup with pork chops
    Anonymous

• Spagtti is always good and cheap. Any pasta really. Meatloaf, chili. There's lots of good cheap stuff. I shop like that each week. I write down mon, tue, wed,thur fri and then wirte what we will have that day. it saves tons of $$ and makes things a lot easier.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 1:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Tatortot Hotdish : fry a lb of hamburger w/chopped onions (opt); drain. Mix with a can of Cream of Chicken soup and a can of drained cut green beans. Top with tatortots (or french fries or waffle fries). Bake at 350 for one hour. I sometimes add cheese on top the last five minutes. And I often mix it with ketchup when I eat it. My hubby doesn't like it that way so that's why it isn't in the actual recipe :) My kids love it and even eat the green beans!

Spanish Rice & Pork chops : Bake the spanish rice according to directions (you need a can of diced tomatoes with it) and brown the porkchops on each side. When you go to let the Spanish Rice simmer for 15 - 20 min, put the porkchops in with it. They end up really tender and it's a great combo for a meal.

Italian Pineapple Chicken: Dip chicken breasts in Italian dressing and bake on each side for roughly 5 min or until juices run clear. After that place a rings of pineapple
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• CONT.. in the same skillet you cooked the chicken and cook for 30 seconds each side. I should've said earlier, the skillet is on med high. Place a slice on each chicken breast. The recipe also has an optional step by putting shredded swiss cheese on top, but I haven't tried it that way. My family eats this with green beans and garlic bread usually sometimes fried potatoes.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Hobo Dinner: Make hamb patties and place each on a seperate piece of aluminum foil. Slice up potatoes, carrots (or cheat and use baby carrots), and onions. Split them up into equal portions and put with each hamb patty. Seal up the aluminum foil and bake at 350 for one hour. These are almost like mini meatloaves. I like to put celery and bell peppers in with the mix sometimes. You could basically put any kind of veggie in there. It's really good too. My recipes typically feed 4 people with leftovers.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If you want some yummy, healthy, easy, inexpensive recipes, PM me. My normal menus include homemade burritos/tacos, red beans and rice, turkey meatloaf, crock pot pork roast, crock pot chicken and smoked sausage stew, turkey chili and corn bread.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I always plan our meals when I go grocery shopping. I buy a 3lb thing of hamburger meat and use it for tacos and spagetti. I buy a big bag of boneless chicken breast and can usually get at least 3 meals out of it, like fajitas, fried chicken, and chicken alfredo. I buy noodles and use them for spagetti and alfredo, I buy tortillas and use them for tacos and fajitas and so on. If you make things that call for some of the same ingredients but are different you can stretch your money.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

-----------------------------------
    OMG, please don't take offense, but what is this? Pork Chops with coke or pepsi??? That's like 40 grams of sugar. How about Pork chops with Pear & Ginger Sauce. Cinnamon-sugar on Chicken? Of course kids like it, that's like 80 grams of sugar! What's for dessert, Insulin? Try Grilled Chicken & Spinach Salad.

I hope you meant onion soup, not soap. Beef Jerky for dinner?? Good grief, please check your cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels and your blood pressure before consuming anymore foods.

You can still eat very healthy without breaking your budget.

Go Here: http://www.cheapcooking.com/ or here: http://www.eatingwell.com/
    Anonymous

• Tuna and Noodles
    Sloppy Joe's
    Burgers and Dog's on the grill
    Chicken is usually cheap or at least on sale
    Chili is inexpensive
    Bratz on the grill are cheap, we have them with a veggie and those dollar chicken rice packets.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009