Anybody have Gestationial Diabetes and Taking Glyburide? OR taken ?

I just found out that I have it and they want to put me on this medication. I want to be sure it is SAFE for my baby boy. I only have 8 weeks left and this makes me super anxious. ANy inof, advoce , etc

momehopeful69

Asked by momehopeful69 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I HAVE GESTATIONAL DIABETES AND IM TAKING THAT MEDICINE. IT IS SAFE. ITS 5 MG AND I ONLY HAVE TO TAKE HALF OF THE PILL IN THE MORNING AND THE OTHER HALF AT NIGHT. ARE THEY MAKING YOU CHECK YOUR BLOOD SUGAR ALSO, I HAVE TO DO IT 4 TIMES A DAY
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• ANOTHER THING, AT THE SAME TIME THEY PUT ME ON GLYBURIDE THEY ALSO PUT ME ON LABETATOL FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I WAS ORDERED BEDREST FOR 2 DAYS SO THE MEDS COULD KICK IN. I DONT KNOW IF I WOULD DO MUCH DRIVING OR WALKING AROUND JUST STARTING THIS MEDICINE CAUSE IF YOU SUGAR GETS TO LOW YOU COULD PASS OUT. JUST BE CAREFUL AND ALWAYS CARRY A SNACK AROUND WITH YOU INCASE YOUR SUGAR GETS LOW, YOU CAN TELL ITS LOW WHEN YOU START GETTING SHAKEY AND DIZZY IF THIS HAPPENS AND YOU HAVE A METER CHECK YOUR BLOOD AND EAT SOMETHING WITH CARBS IN IT. CAUSE IF YOU TAKE THIS MEDICINE AND DONT EAT YOUR SUGAR WILL GO STRAIGHT DOWN, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN EMAIL ME OR WRITE THEM ON HERE
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009