What do you want from healthcare reform? Do you think you will get it?

So far all we have is the knowledge they are working on this and that it will cost Americans trillions but most people have an opinion of what they want or what they think they are going to get. How about you?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I don't want government reformed health care. I don't think they will be able to do it, but if Pelosi says to vote for it the Democrats in office that want to see re-election will do as she says. Sad, isn't it?
    Anonymous

• I want them to drop the whole ridiculous idea. The government f*ks up everything it get it's hands on. I don't want them telling me what doctor I can go to, or how often. I don't want them having full access to my medical records, I don't want them deciding I am too old or too sick or whatever to get the medical care I need and that they are going to "save" it for someone younger or more deserving or whatever. I don't want the American public having to pay for my health care. I don't want YOU to have to pay for ME, and I don't want to pay for YOU.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I don't want it because I don't want to have to wait 18 months for a simple surgery, that with todays system, could be done in less than a month.

\
    Anonymous

• One thing: that people who like their existing insurance can keep that.

Anonymous

• How long do you think employers who pay for their employees to have private insurance will continue offering it, when the new, "free" healthcare comes in? They will tell employees and prospective employees to get the free government insurance instead.
    Anonymous

• ANON 2:23PM
    That's what I said last night, but I got shot down by certain libs, who don;t like my brand of reality! :o)

I said that when you weed out the illegals, senior citizens, self employed, "immortal" 20-somethings (who don't think they need insurance), those covered under their parents plans, and dual income earning couples who only need ONE insurance plan, from the 46 MILLION that are allegedly left without health insurance you're left with less than 10 MILLION people without insurance!

Now, when employers drop insurance benefit plans for their employees (in an effort to increase profit margins as a result of increased corporate taxes and Cap and Trade) in favor of free government health plans, that could lead to an estimated 120 MILLION people without insurance.

So we're going to blow up a system (that DOES need reform) to take care of 10 MILLION people?

It's not gonna be pretty!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You got it, Lorikeet. My DH and I are considered "underinsured". We are self-employed, and have a HUGE deductible w/ a HSA. I calculated what we paid for health insurance over for the last few years, and frankly, It's cheaper to pay for everything out of pocket. It makes more sense for me to be "underinsured", and save the difference in an HSA.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009