2 vessel Cords?

Just found out today my baby has a 2 vessel cord and my amniotic fluid is low. Im going to be 20 weeks Saturday. Does anyone have experience with this that can calm my nerves? Thanks.

lvnmygrlz

Asked by lvnmygrlz at 1:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hey hey...I told you what I thought in our group. but anyway...this type of situation is a watch and wait situation. If at some point the baby turns into a failure to thrive then they will more than likely induce you.

oh and drink more water to get your amniotic fluid higher.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 4:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• That's scary. I've been going through something similar. I'm being referred to a specialist because there is a mass on or near the umbilical cord. But just yesterday, at my 3rd sonogram, they were able to tell that all three vessels were flowing to the baby.

While it is possible that the baby may not get all the oxygen he needs, the odds are in your favor if you know for sure 2 vessels are ok. Most babies in that situation are born just fine.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009