How to get rid of tummy flab after baby?

I had a C-Section about 4 months ago and although I have lost ALL of my extra baby weight my tummy just does not look good. I know it will never look the same but its really flabby. I try to do sit ups nightly is there anything else I can do or will it just take time?

Katie0224

Asked by Katie0224 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It takes at least 9 months. Its been 10 for me and its finally "flat" again. It will never look the same though!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• try doing some pilates. pilates is recommended for women who have had babies because its supposed to tone your body
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 2:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I know with some women the abdominal muscles separate and don't reconnect again. I think I am one of those women. I still have a few lbs to lose, but nothing near what it looks like I have to lose... I've had people ask if I'm expecting (and I'm 9 months pp). Eek. I'm going to try Weight Watchers (because it's slow enough weight loss to do while nursing) and see if that helps, but I'm guessing it's not going to totally fix the problem. I also asked a group exercise leader at my fitness club, and she didn't sound very promising... she said she heard there was a surgery (!!) She also said that you should make sure you're working all 4 major abdominal muscles, not just the ones you work doing sit ups/crunches. I've been too busy to learn about what she means and to try that out. Good luck!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Don't forget that your SKIN has been stretched all sorts of crazy during your pregancy. That could be the "flab" that you are noticing.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 3:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have a flap of skin that hangs over my C-section scar. nothing like it was right after my daughter was born but bad enough. She is 11 months old now and I gained a lot with her. I've lost most of it... I was down to 15 above pre pregnancy weight (but I'm three months pregnant again now) and tried sit ups and dieting and ya... nothing seems to help the "flap". Its just skin, not muscle, so I don't really see how working out could help it.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 3:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009