• In the Spotlight:

Potty Training Help!!

I need help i have a almost 3 in half year old daughter. She knows how to tell you when she has to pee and poop and knows when she has to go. She just refuses to tell you. Ive tried panties, i have tried a potty chart with rewards. I have tried every 30 mins and she dont ever go pee all the way and pees in her pants 5 mins later. I even tried when i go to let her watch me. She knows its bad to go in her pants. She takes her babies and yells at them and acts like they pooped in there pants. She knows when some1 goes to the bathroom cuz she will say mommy went potty or daddy went potty. Or whoever went potty. Im out of ideas i dont know what to do i need help. I want her to start preschool but she cant until shes potty trained. So im have no idea what else to do.

Lynne1983

Asked by Lynne1983 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I read this book from walmart about potty training and it said to buy a doll that goes pee and poop, and let your child "teach" it to go potty. First you talk with her on how to teach the doll and help her make the doll understand and really you are teaching your child. It has been working for my daughter...hopefully it will work for yours
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• ill give that i try...i even tried a doll that peed one time no luck who knows thou...she can poop on the potty sometimes but other times she dont. she likes to hold her poop in most of the time if she does tell me she has to poop. im goin so crazy with this potty training crap. it seems everything i do dont work :(. sometimes i put her on the potty to go and she will throw a fit and cry and scream no at me cuz she dont want to go.
    Lynne1983

Answer by Lynne1983 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I had the same problem and I asked my docotor and he said treats are good but some kids respond better to punishment. He told me next time she pooped herself to get a pair (a clean pair) that was already stained and mke her wear it on her head for a few mins. After that she never did it again but it's kinda mean.
    Anonymous

• Your daughter is modeling your behavior by yelling at her dolls. That's disturbing.
    Anonymous

• i have read book we also have several dvd about potty training with his fave thing like elmo and huggies has a dvd for free bon there web site. www.huggies.com. at the begining we just did the underwear while we was at home and sitting my son on the potty about every 30 minutes and left him on there till he went then when we felt like he was ready to go out while doing eerends we left him in he's undies and that was only about a month or 2 ago he still sleeps in hes pull ups at night but during nap time he's in his undie. so now first thing in the morning he changes into his undies for the day till we go to bed
    Steph925

Answer by Steph925 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• oh forgot one thing the reward system really works too when she (your daughter) goes pee give her 2 m&m's and when she poops give for more. when i did it with my son i gave him 1 for sitting 2 for peeing and a suker for when he goes poop it really worked for us
    Steph925

Answer by Steph925 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009