Is it ok to pump while pregnant?

I am due in a few weeks and I am leaking. I dont want it to go to waste so is it ok to pump?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pumping can possibly stimulate labor. I would ask your OB if it is alright to do so. As for the leaking, how much are you actually leaking. Is it getting your shirt wet, or just your bra a little damp. Unless you are leaking a lot more than likely you won't get more than about an ounce total if that much. I recommend getting some pads to wear. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and upcoming birth.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 2:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• not its not, it will through u into early labor and can cause many problems with delivery as well....
    Anonymous

• If you were already breastfeeding a previous child you could pump. If not, then as said above pumping will stimulate labor. Also, it isn't milk that's leaking. Your milk won't come in until after you have the baby.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• pumping doesn't always stimulate labor, just like castor oil doesn't always stimulate labor. what you are leaking is colostrum. if you did pump, you probably wouldn't get an ounce. you'll probably just get a few drops out. i would just throw some nursing pads on. when baby comes, you'll probably only produce colostrum for about 2-3 days, then your milk will come in. that is what's going to fatten the baby up. colostrum is good at the beginning since it's hard for their belly's to digest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2009