WHY DO I STILL FEEL AS DEPRESSED AFTER I HAD MY BABY?

mariehmom

Asked by mariehmom at 2:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• Post Partum Depression, baby blues................the HUGE hormonal fluctuation causes this generally. I would talk to your OB if you seem overly depressed and see what they can do to help you. It is normal though and every woman feels this way. Various strengths though.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If it goes past the two week post partum period it can turn into postpartum depression, usually profesional help is needed. Talk to your Dr. If you have thoughts of harming your baby, dont wait call ASAP, PPD can be very hard and last a long time without help.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• make sure you are getting your omega fatty acids! they really help with post pstrum depression
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I feel for you mom. I had PPD so bad I ended up in the hospital for 4 days. Thankfully i got to talk to a great phyciatrist who put me on cymbalta and trazadone and I feel sooooo much better now. Not saying that you need meds or anything but please speak to your doctor, this is a disease that you shouldn't have to suffer through.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 7:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2009