Polls find rising concern with Obama on key issues. Where is the love?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090618/pl_nm/us_obama_polls

Obama's job approval rating held steady at 63 percent from the previous poll last month, but fewer than half of respondents approved of how he was handling healthcare reform and efforts to save GM and Chrysler, according to the survey.

The poll also found that Americans were alarmed by the amount of money doled out to boost the economy and a majority thought the government should focus instead on reducing the federal deficit.

Both polls also found a majority of Americans opposing Obama's decision to close the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I watch polls, but I don't put a lot of faith in them because they are too easy to manipulate.

However, there is an interesting discrepancy between BO's popularity ratings and the ratings of his policies. As a politic freak I find this very interesting. IMO, it fully establishes that many are unable to separate the "persona" of the BO phenomenon from the real man making the bad decisions. In other words, they are so blinded by the image BO has created that they can't see he is totally incapable of doing his job.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Presidency is not about love. Polls are just polls. I don't live my life by following some kind of poll results.
    Anonymous

• No I'm sure you don't. eye rolling

Except to through them around when they are up higher.

Anonymous

• anon|:39
    Stereotyping much? I did not vote for Obama ,so I could care less what his poll ratings are.
    Anonymous

• I hear that statistic all the time. The number is always close to that. I don't get it. The guy is shredding America and putting generations of children into debt for life. People complain all the time but that number stays the same. We hear people are thinking twice about voting for him. I think it's either people don't understand the question or it's rigged.
    I only use Rasmussen polls, They are the most accurate.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• most of the polls are starting to show a decay on support for his policies. It will soon be time for him to pay the piper and accept his own economy. Then the polls will start hitting his ratings more.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Jeebus, polls are just polls. I have never in my life been polled and neither has anyone I know either.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• He had no love from me from the getgo and I'm with JackalsWife, I've never been polled so therefore they are not fully accurate because those people don't speak for my views.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 5:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Well, guess what? I'm not one of the mindless morons who voted the jackass into office, so I get to be one of the smart millions who gets to now say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Anonymous

• If you were an active political activist and a member of political action committees, you would get polled.
    I get robocalls about every 6 weeks, you have to be an active member to be called upon.
    Anonymous