Any home remedies for warts?

Whenever I am stressed out..my hands break out in warts. Now I have some on the palms of my hands. So I am worried about the kids getting them. Compound W really burns the outta my skin. It takes forever to get into the dermatoligst too. Any ideas?

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• I have heard that DUCT TAPE is a good home remedy! Believe it or not, it works! My brother had one on his toe, and my parents just put some duct tape on it, and changed it... I don't know how often, but I guess once a day or so, and it will gradually go away. It's supposed to be as effective as a salicylic acid treatment, but let me find a link for you for some other remedies.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Here you go, How to get rid of warts

Duct tape is on the top of the home remedy list =)

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I used to pick mine as a child. Not the most sanitary. And definitely a little messy and painful. I've heard of ducktape though :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My children's pediatrician said to take a cotton ball and wipe clorox over it quickly, then take a cotton ball with water and wipe back over it again. I don't think this burned b/c I did it to my children, but not enough to get rid of the warts. Theirs were small and I would forget to do it. LOL But I'd try it. She always gave us good advise about everything else in the world. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Duct tape works.
    Bleach is really toxic - I would not want it in my home..

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have an herbal idea! Warts are a result of a virus in your system so treating the immune system with an herb preparation has seen results. Email me for info if you are interested.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 6:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I clip mine off with finger nail clippers.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009