Do you think people who were formula fed are lesser human beings?

It sure does seem like a lot of people think of it like that. Or that their MOTHERS are lesser human beings, at least. Guess what? I WAS FORMULA FED! Am I malnourished, deformed, sickly, ill, mentally unstable, or anything else because of what I was fed for the first year of my life? NO! So why should it matter in the long run what babies are fed? Once people grow up people could care less, and in the real world, it doesn't really matter.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• The argument stems from the fact that it is there for the baby and more nutritious and not a man trying to come up with something close. And the fact that some women won't even try and believe that their breast were put on their body for men and sex only. My problem is not that you ended up bottle feeding, but, that you never even tried to breastfeed at all.
    Anonymous

• Its so funny. I only hear these arguements on Cafemom. I never hear about this in real life- just internet life lol. Lets see-I've never in real life been bashed for being a formula feeder, vaccinating, CIO after 9 months old, young mom :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• lol amy31308... same thing here!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Me neither! Isn't it strange? I try and try so hard to avoid conflict, but for some reason I gravitate towards it instead. Ugh. I feel like I'm on the "bad" side of arguments all the time, especially here in the answers section.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i'd never even HEARD of breastfeeding until i got pregnant. no one i've ever known has done it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• LOL!!!! This isn't about being a BF Nazi, it is about another post that someone did that said those that don't breastfeed care less about their children. I think this OP is being funny. I was FF fed so I guess that means I am not human. LOL!!! I know a lot of FF people, oh wait, they aren't people are they?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• This has to stop.
    Anonymous

• (And I don't mean the OP)
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• it amazes me that any one cares what someone does with their child, if you are not mentally or physically hurting them then it is not anyone else's business.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Is the baby fed, gaining weight properly and healthy? If so why do you care HOW it gets fed? That is up to the child's own parent, and it's none of your business where the milk comes from. Keep your opinion to yourself.
    Anonymous