When washing your hands...Do you wash the whole hand or just what you think got dirty?

I wash my whole hands.

The reason for this question was bc the other day I saw my dh washing his hands and I said...How about the back of your hands?

He says I did not use the back of my hands so I don't need to wash that area.

It got me thinking...Hmmm! He just might have a point, but I will still continue to wash my whole hands as usual. It won't hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The whole hand (BOTH of them - heh). And singing Happy Birthday twice will do it, but I have a personal preference to sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat 3 times. LOL. That pretty much does it for me unless I'm working with raw meat where I have to shut the entire kitchen down and put myself in quarantine and disinfect everything in sight from counters to sinks, cutting boards, etc. They all think I'm nuts.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i wash the whole hand and halfway up the arms if i'm wearing short sleeves.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The emergency medical tech who taught my CPR course said to wash the whole hand, including under the fingernails and between the fingers. I sing Happy Birthday to myself twice and that comes out to about 20 seconds, which is recommended.

Answer by Bmat at 2:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yeah I wash my whole hands and sometimes up my arms. You would think that I was going into surgery after I deal with raw meat.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• it's not like the tops of your hands haven't been exposed to germs since the last time you washed your hands. men are so gross sometimes.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009