Do you understand?

We are a large group of seemingly intelligent women but I have been reading alot of things that bother me. For one, The healthcare issue going on right now. Are you hoping and expecting it will bring you or your loved ones free healthcare?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't need free healthcare. I have great plan and I have the money when it is needed. People need to start taking better care of themselves and stop complaining too much.

Anonymous

• There is absolutely nothing free about it.
    Anonymous

• No. I have healthcare. I'm hoping that it will provide healthcare for those who can't afford it.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 2:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• anything free has to value and will be treated as such...and for the record....free? SOMEONE has to pay for it..and that someone will be us ....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• **has no value to people
    mamakirs

• I think everyone would like free healthcare, of course. It would be amazing if nobody anywhere ever had to pay for healthcare. But unfortunately, that's not how it works. I think a lot of people can't see the forest for the trees.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No. I'm hoping that it will bring a competitive insurance option that allows ANY US citizen, no matter what health problems they have, the option to have affordable insurance. I believe a program like that will eventually force insurance companies that charge insane premiums and high deductibles to lower their prices in order to compete with the government supplied insurance plan. I also hope this will start to reign in the inflation in the medical industry.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 2:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My DH is retired military..We pay next to nothing for our health care..and when he was in the military we payed nothing for medical..We are one of the lucky ones..I wish every one could have our health care plan.

Answer by louise2 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I know, it's incredibly sad sad sad when a cancer patient can't get healthcare because the insurance companies think it's too risky. UGH. My mother in law DIED because nobody was willing to help her, and she couldn't afford to pay the insane hospital bills.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would be happy with anything I could afford or anything that I would qualify for free. I have no health insurance and I have to pay out of pocket for anything. I only go to a dr. if I am really sick or when I can't see out of my glasses. I do not go to a gyno or any other check up. I live paycheck to paycheck and yet don't qualify for anything. I am buying a house, pay bills and get no support.
    Anonymous