Anybody not talk to Either of their parents?

I dont talk to either of mine and I was wondering why you didnt talk to yours if you dont. Fathers day is gonna suck

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know why you don't talk to your parents...Are they that bad??

Answer by louise2 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I don't talk to my parents either. The reason for not talking to my real father is he was never in my life, always in jail or prison. I concidered my step father my dad had he pasted away 9yrs ago. My mom and real father had 7 kids together and i was the black sheep. Oldest girl, so i had to clean, cook and watch all my other brothers and sisters. They were always allowed to have friends etc. while i stayed home to be the maid. I resent my mom for taking away my childhood and making me grow up 2 fast and be the mom of the house. I probley would feel so strongly if she was working and not sleeping or sitting on her ass all the time.
    But iam married and a mom to 2 wonderful son and i would never do some of the things my parents did to me.

single_mom_2008

Answer by single_mom_2008 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• There have been times when I did not speak to my parents. At this time in my life, I have decided to be forgiving and am trying to maintain a relationship with each of them. They are divorced.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yes they are that bad. My dad beat me w a gun rod for years and made me the house bitch while degrading me and telling me I was a whore when i was 10yrs old. My mom was mentally abusive and told me that I would never amount to anything and that i was a whore (started that when I was 14yrs old) My mom's brother molested me and she didnt do anything about it. She told me if she seen him she would just tell him he was a son of a bitch. I just didnt know who was in the same boat as me. Feelin kinda down about it all
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am sorry that happened to you. It sounds like you are much better off without them in your life!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• well, my father is out of state living near his sister, and he wasnt fair in distributing money help to me & sisters, my sisters received $$ and my dad excluded me, and i still cannot find a good reason for that,
    my mom, hated my husband, couldnt say anything nice to me or my husband,
    but......since they are my parents, i need to forgive them, nobody is perfect including me, so i never stop speaking to them, Now they speak to me very nicely,
    Anonymous

• I was also molested as a child by my real dads father when i was young. (He knew but did nothing and it stopped when the bastard died). Was also molested by 2 other family members, my mom said they would never do something like that but they did and i had prove. (They went to prison).
    My real dad finally got out of prison when i turned 12yrs old and stayed out for 2yrs. While he was out, he would beat me, hit me with a wet towel and alot of other stuff. At 14yrs old, i ran away from home and haven't been back since. No one deserves to be beat, molested or treated badly and i finally relized that myself.

single_mom_2008

Answer by single_mom_2008 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have two children that don't talk to either one of us. I know why one won't but the oldest won't say what's up.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I don't talk to mine... they're both dead.
    I was on bad terms with my Dad when he died in an accident. When there's no abuse (mental or physical) I always suggest trying to work it out but in a case of molestation and beating, I can certainly understand why you'd want to not be in their lives. My suggestion for you that have had abuse is this Father's Day... enjoy the father of your child if you're still with him.
    I miss my parents on all of the special days, but I find something to do to keep myself busy so I don't get too upset.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009