How many weeks pregnant do you have to be before a preg. test will be possitive?

I had my last period on may 7, 2009. Ovulation around may 28, 2009. Was suppose to start June 11, 2009, (around 35 day cycles). Still haven't had my period yet. Taken a few preg. test but they were neg. Been having alot of back pain and pain in my sides as well.

single_mom_2008

Asked by single_mom_2008 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmm, it should be showing by now. i'd try a preg test in the morning in a week then to the doc for bloodwork
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Between 4 and 10 weeks I think... it varies for different people. But 4 weeks would be a few days before your period was suppose to start.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 3:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I tested positive at 4 weeks, which was the day my period was due, but the line was pretty dark so I probably would have gotten a positive 2 or 3 days before. Some home pregnancy tests claim to be able to detect a pregnancy as many as 5 days before your period is due. Based on your ovulation date, you'd be 4 weeks & 4 days now, so the test should be showing now, but some women don't get a positive until much later.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 10:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• about 4 to 6 weeks,i fould out at 5 weeks with both of my daughters
    laneyb27

Answer by laneyb27 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2009