SENATOR Boxer - condescending wench or clueless idiot?

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/362923.html

No, don't call her ma'am as per military protocol, general, call her Senator, because you know she worked so much harder to be a senator than you did to be a general

I'm siding with condescending wench. She's been around too long to not be at least slightly familiar with protocol. Maybe a first year politician whose never been to Washington might be stupid enough to say something that insulting without meaning it, but she's too old to now know better.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A condescending, clueless, idiotic wench?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• UMMMM!!!!! BOTH?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree with Carpy. I can't YouTube, but I have heard enough from Boxer to form that opinion.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• LOL I saw that on Fox this morning and wrote in to Meagyn. The woman is nuts. Wasn't it a General she was speaking to? Personally, I think she shoulI'd be embarrassed to be called a Senator these days. Well any day for her. I bet she really worked hard buying that seat.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yeah, Carpy, as usual, I agree with you. (and vicesix). Barbara Boxer is actually my Senator. We and our son had a meeting with her when he won a national college scholarship - so I did get a face-to-face impression of her. She is indeed high-powered, but I sensed a good bit of defensiveness or neediness there, so it makes sense that she'd be sensitive to stuff like that.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Personally I would PREFER that the whole mess of them in DC refer to me as "BOSS."

She owes him an apology. He followed protocol. You know it is sad, here I am working to teach my boys manners. You know, "yes, ma'am", "no ma'am", "yes, sir" and "no sir" only to find out it isn't good enough!

Barb needs to get the stick out of her behind.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yeah, I hate being called by my title, too.
    Anonymous

• Never cared for her but she is my senator.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• She is part of the government that mandates military refer to women as Ma'am out of respect regardless of rank, affiliation or title. She is stupid and has no idea what the military base is conisisting of in regards to manners and etiquette. I believe her ignorance was showing, again.
    Tar and feather the wench, today.
    Anonymous