What does labor feel like when it starts?

I've heard it feels like mentral cramping but other people say it feels like tightening. Then my friend told me it feels like tummy cramps when you have an upset stomach.

Where do you usually feel the cramping/tightening or is it all over your whole baby belly?

Can you feel the contraction more on one side than the other?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• each woman probably describes it differently...it's pressure and pain
    MommaCocoaButta

Answer by MommaCocoaButta at 3:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yes, all of the above anwers ! sometimes the cramping travels from one side to the other slowly but surely, some people have it felt all at once then they just get stronger and stronger till they start taking your breath away, Ouch . i had 2 boys, and once baby is delivered you wont mind all that cramping any more.....happy delivery !!
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 3:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Mine felt like I was get upset stomach cramps like direhha cramps then it would go away then come back, go away then they got closer & closer I just went to the hospital
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2009