my 3 month old has not pooped in five days should i do?

She doesn't seem ot be in any pain or uncomfortable, and she is still eating an sleeping the same as usaul. In fact her not pooping does not seem to bother her in any way except that she is much gassier than normal. She is breastfed but i do give her 4 ounces of organic formula mixed with nursery water as directed an also mixed with 7 ounces of breastmilk so that it is easier on her stomache.

bromajamama

Asked by bromajamama at 3:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• warm baths, soft massages. this poop is going to be huge... LOL
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If she doesn't poo in another day or so I would call her doctor...
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 3:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Call doc and ask about suppositories. But they don't worry unless it's like well over a week or something, not sure...that age is a bit young. Light tummy rubs in clockwise direction. Do "bicycle" gentle exercises with legs.
    Anonymous

• put some karo syrup in with the bottle of formula that will help her poop and rememeber brestfed babies dont poop all that much because so much of what they get is used by their body and not wasted. also ofcourse watch your own diet make sure you are not eating anythgin that could be cuausing this and i know in adults tylenall and motrin can cause constiaption imnot sure if that affect could tansfer through brest milk
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 3:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Totally normal for a Breast Fed baby! I would be ready for a huge blow out when it does happen. My DD went 9 days it was nasty when it did come.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• As an infant my breastfeed daughter would poop once or twice a week. Her doctors said it was normal and if she didn't seem to be in pain not to worry.
    I've heard that adding a teaspoon of dark karo syrup into a bottle of formula or breast mlik helps. I've also heard that karo syrup causes the same problem as honey.
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Its normal, they can go up to 10 days or so. As long as it isn't bothering the baby you shouldn't do anything. Both my kids have gone longer than a week without a BM.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It is 100% normal for the bfd baby to go that long and even longer without having a bm. When she does go, seriously, just count on throwing that outfit away lol. Another thing is that I've heard not to mix formula and breastmilk. It might have nothing to do with her not pooping, ut just a head's up that it's not recommended.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i would have to agree with some of the other replys and id call her doctor it may not be hurting her but it isnt good for her not to go to the bathroom
    lovergirl1014

Answer by lovergirl1014 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2009