Okay.. TMI WARNING

I'm on my period and I have a tampon in. Now my problem is that like where the string is actually coming out of my vagina- it itches real bad. So everytime I take my tampon out- it itches and kinda burns but not really- It doesn't burn but it doesn't tickle either! lol it just kinda hurts.. and makes it itch alot more. What does this sound like?
I warned you- TMI

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• what brand of tampon are you using? if its really cheap or a new brand you could be having an allergy? i would take a shower and wash really well with antimicrobial soap and use pads for the rest of your period. if this feeling continues you will need a pap smear :(
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• nope its pearls. i always use that brand.. for years. =\
    Anonymous

• nope that's a good brand, if its the same brand you always use then its sounding like a bacterial infection. of course if you've had any new sexual partners you know what that could mean.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Either way stop using tampons for this cycle. don't want to irritate anything further
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• are you using scented ones? The perfume can cause and allergic reaction.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• nope im married i've only been with my hubby<3
    Anonymous

• hmm pagirl idk maybe i did pick up scented ones on accident ill have to check
    Anonymous

• It sounds like a yeast infection; or it could be an allergic reaction to the bleach or other toxins used in the production process.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2009