Period Question-Confused

I wasn't really sure just which category to put this under...

I'm BF my baby, and my period JUST started again (just short of my daughter's first b-day). I had read that if you are still breastfeeding (as I am) your period might continue to be irregular, even after starting again.

My Question: My period started on June 9th...so I had assumed that, if my cycle was acting normally, I would ovulate around 13 days after the first day of my period, so...June 22nd or there abouts.

Well, my dh and I had sex yesterday (June 17th) and this morning when I went to the bathroom, I had a large amount of VERY stretchy discharge come out. ...I thought this happened when one was starting their period or when one was ovulating.

What does it mean now???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• It means it's time to buy a pregnancy test and see if you need to call the dr.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You ovulate 10 days I think it is after the first day of your cycle if I'm correct... and the sperm can live for between 3-7 days inside of you. And you do have a huge wad of junk come out when you're ovulating. Sounds like you might've just had an oopsie if you weren't using any birthcontrol and didn't intend to get pregnant.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2009