so my son doesnt want to eat.

my so my son is 2.5 and he doesnt want to eat he drinks alot of fluids he has one good meal a day and the he's done eating for the day.. is that normal.. ?? itook him to the doc but theirs nothing wrong with him, she said itr normal but it just doesnt seem right to me lol..

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• supplement his diet with gummy vitamins or the nutritional milkshakes like ensure, but for kids, you know? and oh well i'm sure he won't be like this forever.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• totally normal. at least your son has at least 1 good meal a day. i give my son 3 meals a day. but it's very limited. his menu is small. chicken nuggets and crackers. yep, that's about it. lol. if he doesn't eat what i put in front of him, then he doesn't eat. simple as that. i at least give him something that he likes once a day, mainly just to keep me from worrying.
    Anonymous

• My 2 yr old does that some times as well. Try backing off a bit on the fluids (or offering food first) to make sure he isn't just filling up on them. Otherwise, just wait him out. He'll eat when he's hungry. When you can get him to eat, make sure it's all healthy stuff.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My 2 1/2 year old goes through phases. For a while, he wont eat ANYthing. Then for a while he eats everything in sight. I think it has something to do with his growth spurts too. Sometimes he's just too busy to sit still and eat too. I just make sure he has full access to healthy snacks all day long. There's always fruit or crackers or something on the table for him. When he's going through one of his no-eating phases, he'll still come in and munch on snacks throughout the day.

And even if he's not eating, i still make him sit at the table with us at meals. I can usually get him to take a few bites at least!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 3:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yes normal
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Very normal.
    Make sure he isn't filling up on milk. Limit him to 2 cups a day.
    Make sure he has set meal and snack times. Don't give him anything to eat if it's not time. Follow that rule yourself too.
    Offer good things to eat but try to pick one thing at each meal that you are fairly certain he will actually eat.
    At that point, your job is done.
    Let him decide how much to eat and even if he will eat.
    Don't push him to eat one more bite. Don't bribe him with a cookie to get him to eat his peas. Don't comment on how much or even what he eats. He knows his body far better than you and knows when it is empty and when it is full.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You child is certainly old enought to sit at the dinner table with family (even if family is just mom and tot). If he chooses to not eat, that is fine. He is past two, so no longer needs milk Just make sure that he is drinking lots of water and eating a diet filled with nutrtion-packed foods like avocado, beans, tofu, and lots of whole grains fruits and vegetables.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009