35 weeks pregnant and extremely dizzy/faint. Please help!

I am 35 weeks pregnant and last week I started getting dizzy and faint. Now it is getting progressively worse to the point where I feel like I am gonna pass out. I got my blood tested at the doc today (they think it could be low iron or electrolytes). It will take 3-5 business days to get my blood work back. My blood pressure is great (110/60) and the dizziness happens when I sit OR stand and it doesn't matter if I just ate or haven't eaten in a few hours. Has anyone else experienced this? I am unsure what I should do until I get my blood results back. It's really bad, like I said, to the point where I think I may pass out.

chrissy12507

Asked by chrissy12507 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• see if there are any positions that make the dizziness better and try not to be staying alone incase you do go down.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• with my last one my heart would beat really hard and I get really dizzy and almost passed out and I was very tierd all the time, they checked my blood n they put me on thyroid medication and for my heart I had to take medication to slow it down from beating so hard
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Start drinking! Watered down Gatorade or other sports drink on top of your normal fluid/water intake. Your body needs the extra fluids anyway. It won't hurt anything to get on top of hydration now.

If you aren't, take a prenatal mulit vitamin. It has extra iron in it. Iron levels take a while to build so if it is anemia, you will have to slowly work on getting your levels up. A good prenatal is a good start.
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 4:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009