Neg HPT....am i not pregnant?!?! :(

have had sex since cycle day 3, it is cycle day 26. My cycles run 27 to 28 days. With the occasion of having a 29 day cycle. I took a HPT this morning and it was neg. Does that mean I am not pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• So you took a pregnancy test before your period is suppose to start, or before your missed period? Day 3 of your cycle were you on your period or just stopped, day one of a new cycle is the day you start your period, on that cycle you most likely ovulate somewhere around day 14, no way to know for sure but thats a pretty good estimate.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Before missed period. was on my period CD 3. So, the chances that I am pregnant are still good?
    Anonymous

• If you don't get your period, take another in a few days.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No need in having sex during your period, that is your bodies way of getting rid of the unfertilized egg and tissue that is built up in your uterus to get ready for an implantation, no way of knowing when you truely ovulate, but if you have sex everyother day from about the 12th day of your cycle to the 18th day of your cycle should increase your changes of getting pregnant if you ovulate during that time. Wait at least a week after your missed period to take a pregnancy test. Also read up on basel body temps and vaginal discharge chances, it will give you a better idea of when you ovulate beside just the normal cycle thing. Good luck to you.....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• day 3 sounds way too early as ovulation occurs usually from about day 10-20. Sperm can only live in the female body 5 days maximum so your chances are VERY low.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009