how do i tell someone this without hurting feelings??

we just got new neighbors and we set our pool up a couple weeks ago...and by neighbors i mean they live like 10 steps outside our back door. we like to have family time every now and then and we can't because everytime we go out in the back yard to let the kids play or to go swimming the neighbor girl always comes out and sits with us...now don't get me wrong i like her and all but she is younger and pretty immature...she doesn't know how the world goes round if u know what i'm saying...but we would like to have our family time back and maybe some alone time in our backyard without people butting in...how do i keep her away?! she is really getting on my nurves...

busymamma503

Asked by busymamma503 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You could just tell that family that between whatever hours, you don't wish to have company. They are welcome at any other time. Or you could tell them that you like to have private family time, and that you would like them to call before coming over. If you go with the second option and they do call, tell them it isn't convenient right now but then offer an alternative time when it will be okay. There's nothing wrong with either option. I don't think their feelings should be hurt. It's just common courtesy not to wear out your welcome by dropping in any old time you please. Perhaps this family has not yet been taught that simple rule.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Just tell her so and so we would like to have some quality family time but your welcome to come over onother time.
    people that don't get a clue, you just have to tell them how it is or else they will never leave
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• well they aren't a family really it's a guy that is 28 and his 20 year old girlfriend! and when she hears us come outside she just walks right out and has a seat and just sits there and watches us...doesn't ask if she's intruding or anything...i mean i want to be as nice as possible but we need time alone as a family also! if we want family time alone it has to be inside so she will leave us alone!!!!! it is really starting to get on my nurves and starting to really piss me off. just like tonight my mom is coming over to swim with the kids my husband and i and here she will be in the middle of everything then afterwards we are going to have a cookout and she will be there too!!!!! wtf?!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would say just tell her the truth and if that doesnt work just start having her bring things like drinks, chips, sunblock and etc.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009