Do you think flirting at work is OK?

I suspect that my DH and an employee of his has a habit of flirting, their emails are extra-friendly, etc. but I really don't think he's having a physical affair. Do you think is something that I should let slide and just watch out for, or should I call him on it and make him fire her? He has his own business and she works for him, however they were co-workers/friends before when they worked together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• It's probably ok but I woudln't like it.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't tell him to fire her just yet let him know how you feel about it first and go from there, I think flirting can lead to other things expecially if he's her boss, good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Im not ok with my husband having a very friendly relationship with another female. Emailing in an extra friendly manner/flirting is not ok!

I would speak to him about it and if it continues than she needs to go PERIOD!!! don't ever just except another female flirting with you husband, that's just asking for trouble. Nip it in the butt now!
    Anonymous

• No. When I was single, married men were off limits. It just is not fair and not nice.This is a work enviornment. I actually had that delimma and after my crush got married we could not work together.We never even did the deed. He actually waited for me to marry and leave and then he became the boss at my department. Don't be fooled by the innocence of it. It is a work wife wannabe. Tell him to cut it.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Not sure he could fire her, there could be legalites involved. Especially since he is her employer. She could come back and say that she feared for her job. Be careful. He should be aware of those types of issues and not allow them to get out of hand regardless of how well they know one another.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• So Bella, do you think I should go to the extreme of telling him to fire her?

Lesli, it's a sales office so in this economy, he can easily say he's cutting back.and it's a very small business not subject to a lot of the laws that big companies are. He's fired ppl before.

Anonymous

• just tell him how you feel. a friend and i were friendly like that at work (both of us are married and very loyal and all the flirting was just simply being cute and nice in a funny way) but his wife said something to him and well....our relationship is nonexisistent now.... he actually started ignorning me. so if he really loves and respects you, he will try to fix it because he knows it bothers you. i did the same thing for my husband once. there was a guy friend that bothered him, so i told my friend that we needed to just not talk for a while.
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 4:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If you're not employeed, maybe you could fill her position to save money?
    I wouldn't like the extra friendly emails but until he gave me a reason to fear there was something going on, I wouldn't over-react... what I'd do would be to start answering the emails myself and I'd show up on the job to see if she's that flirty in person too.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You can try to make him do what you want but then they might just sneak off and build it into something more than what it is now.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Lisa Ann - when Im at the office she doesnt seem flirty. He says that she's very quiet and the females there are catty and she tries to stay away from it and that's why.
    By the time I would see the emails, he'll have responded already so it kinda wouldn't make sense to write back unless I just said something mean.
    It's an insurance sales office and stays pretty busy with customers coming in, the phone ringing and they all use email to communicate, pass messages, etc.
    So for example, one of her emails said - Im getting all of your calls today - I must be your new personal assistant.

SO it's like not sexual, but to me out of line. IDK...
    Am I blowing something up that's nothing?
    Anonymous