Could my daughters frequent illnesses be due to allergies to our pets? Asked in kids health section too...

My 11 month old daughter is sick... again! This is about the 6th time. She developed a 103 temp. yesterday that is back again this afternoon. We don't want her to be put on any more antibiotics unless absolutely neseccary so I haven't taken her to the doc yet - I will tomorrow if the fever is still there. But he problems are always upper respitory type things... ear infections, sore throats, and unidentified infections. I'm wondering if she could be allergic to our animals and maybe that is what is causing her to be sick so often? I know I need to talk to her doctor about this and I will, but until then I thought maybe some of you had had some experience with this?

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 4:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she ;ay down with a bottle? That could be causing the ear infections. Stop letting her go to sleep with a bottle- if she is. Put a few pillows under the mattress of the head area of her crib, that helps the ears drain correctly.
    It could be allergies though, to pets and to foods. Try to figure it all out before getting rid of the pets.
    NoraBean

Answer by NoraBean at 7:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Wash all her bedding in hot water that gets rid of any allergens that could be in them. Also a cool mist vaperizer in her room helps keeps passages open. We had a lot of the same issues with our boys. If her doctor will let her eat yogurt give her plenty it puts in the nutrients that antibiotics take out. These were the things that our doctor recomended to us.
    redlocks1959

Answer by redlocks1959 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009