CARSEAT HELP

i am a first time mom and i have been reading and asking lots of people about carseats... at what ages do i change to diff carseats... my son is about 2-3 lbs away from not being able to use the infant one what do i do and hes only 6 months old

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• on the carseat it should say whats the max. weight is allowed and if he's maxing it out then get a new carseat, I was wondering the same thing the other day cuz my son is getting pretty big for his as well, but then I found that weight deal on the carseat
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I read that you shouldnt switch until their first birthday....I would maybe wait a little longer if he's not getting too tall for it.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• the weight says no more than 22 lbs and he is 19 lbs so im stuck cuz a lot of people say wait till a year but he will be over the weight soon
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Try a convertable car seat....alot of them can go up to 35lbs rear facing..... then you can use it facing the front :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• they have car seats for up to 90 lbs and you can use them for infants and up, but carseats get spendy so just a suggestion you can find one at a yard sale, I see carseats at yard sales all the time. I had to do that with my first son switch the carseats cuz he got to big for the infant one
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• legally he needs to be 1 year and 20 pounds before he can face the front. rear-facing longer is reccomended. i would suggest looking into a convertible carseat, they can rear-face to 30-35 pounds then forward after that.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You can get a convertible car seat (that can be rear-facing OR front-facing) if he is getting too heavy. BUT HE MUST be REAR-facing until he is 1 year old AND 20 lbs. He has to be both. So if he is 6 months and 20 something lbs, then he still has to be rear-facing. Then when he is 1 yr old, you can turn the seat around. :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• please dont buy your carseat at a yardsale! thats horrible to do!! you dont no if its been in an accident!!!
    Anonymous

• You get him a convertible seat, one that can rear face and forward face, the weight limitations will be higher.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• you should never buy carseats at a yard sale....ever for one they may not be but back together right if te person selling it washed it and for two it may have been in a car accident.......
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 5:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009