BEDTIME ROUTINE HELP

MY SON IS 6 MONTHS OLD WHAT DO YOU THINK IS A GOOD BEDTIME ROUTINE?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, we started our baby on a routine when she was about 2 mos. I didn't think there was any point to it, because she always wanted to sleep at different times, but now that she's 3.5 mos. it really has helped. We give give her a bath around 5:30 or 6:00. I lotion her, dress her, and then we read or have some playtime in her room, depending on how tired she is. I feed her and then she goes to bed at around 7:00pm. It varies, sometimes she wants to go to bed as early as 6:00 and sometimes as late as 8:00. It's never later than 8:00. Start the routine even if he doesn't want to sleep at that time and he will grow into it. It's like she knows once it's bathtime that bedtime is coming.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• A nice bath, play a little in the tub, if they have teeth, brush- start young,relax, then a book. Play some relaxing music (they have all kinds of CD's) and put the babe in bed. Soon, they will associate the routine with bedtime and go to sleep easily.
    NoraBean

Answer by NoraBean at 7:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• By the time my boys were 6 months the schedule went as follows. Feeding time was around 5 afterwards there was kind of like a quiet time where we would lay on the floor and just hang out till about 6 or so. After that it was a calming bath and in bed by seven. Worked great!
    redlocks1959

Answer by redlocks1959 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My son is 3 1/2 months old and we have been doing the same routine pretty much since birth. Bath at 8, bottle at 830, read a story and change into PJ's, lay him down in the crib AWAKE at 9. He sleeps until almost 7 AM. Sometimes the schedule varies 30 minutes or so, but he is always OUT like a light shortly after 9. He has been sleeping through the night since about 9 weeks old.
    irishangel81

Answer by irishangel81 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009