HELP WITH MY STEPDAUGHTER

IM LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THINGS I AM WITH MY STEPDAUGHTER.

tangodango

Asked by tangodango at 4:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I have a step son, as well as my husband has a step son "my son" we decided first off that we would stay out of each others child's business "so to speak" I raise my son and my husband raises his. The only time I would even say anything to my step son is if he was going to hurt someone or something other wise I leave the discipline to my husband. If something happens while the hubby is not around I discuss with him and he handles it or visa verse. We always support each other when needed. It works so much better this way. We were both step parents in the past and trying to be the "mom" or "dad" of that child just doesnt work. Good Luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 4:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• What exactly are you going through with her?

Being a step parent isn't easy unless we all get along but there is always someone there to mess things up, so you just make the best of it. Try not being negative on things and always be loving later in life they will remember how good you were to them and appreciate you even more.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Acceptance is the key..Love conquers all..Show a genuine love and make her feel that you really care and how important is she in your life..You will see how love changes a person for better.
    jayzs

Answer by jayzs at 9:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Here is my story. When my husband and I got together my boys were 3 and 4. In the beginning it was very hard for me to let him have the upper hand with them as far as the dicipline goes. However as tie went on I learned to let go and I am glad I did. They are now 15 and 16 and they are well rounded very respectable kids. It took some time and some tears but they now know it was all worth it cause when it comes down to it they will tell you that my husband is there father cause he has been the one that has always been there. Yes there were times the boys would run to mom and it took me time to be able to say look thats your dad and you have to listen to him. We are a family wether you like it or not. Give tings time be loving patient and understanding. Also great communication between mom and dad is the best thing ever to get through whatever it is your going through. Good luck let me know how things go if you like.
    redlocks1959

Answer by redlocks1959 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2009