Are you a jealous SO or wife?

I am typically not.
DH and i have gone out to some clubs a few times togther, and i've actually encourged him to dance with other girls (with me watching of course) and (we have a very honest relationship) he's told me about how it makes him feel good when girls flirt with him. lol. I think it's great that he gets that confidence boost.
Dont get me wrong, i've had my jealous moments. But sometimes i feel like we're the odd ones out.
Are there any more couples like us? We're not an "open" relationship. But the rules we have seem to be a lot different then others.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 4:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Both me and my hubby are jealous. So I don't think I could watch while another woman flirted with him or touched him. Easier for us to just avoid those types of situations then to go home feeling like they might be wishing they were able to go home with someone else instead.
    But it's great that you and your spouse are like that. It might break up the ruts in life so good for ya'll but it doesn't work for me.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Even though I want not to be, and I know that I have no reason to be, I think that I am. When we go to dinner theaters and one of the actors wants to dance with my husband I smile and nod, but I feel a tightening up feeling, as though I really don't want him touching another woman. Not logical, but there it is.

Answer by Bmat at 4:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• That's good that yall have a relationship like that....My husband and I are always together... he works offshore he's gone for 2 weeks at a time and he's home for 2 weeks. But when he's home we go no where and do nothing without each other. It's not an issue of jealousy or nothing we just do everything together same with our kids they're always with us no matter where we go.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am very jealous, he's never given me a reason but Im just that way and I can't help it.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 4:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I was not jealous w/ my ex husband. He could have cheated & I would not have cared.

But w/ my CURRENT fiance, OMG....I am learning about a new side of me. My jealousy! The thing is, he is ALOT better looking. And i notice girls looking at him ALL the time! He is also a singer/songwriter and it can make me SICK sometimes when woman druel over him while he plays. He has been w/ some REALLY HOT woman too though, i feel like i am totally less hot than some of them were. So, i worry that he might find something better....i'm paranoid like that...but we have such a WONDERFUL relationship that deep down, i know it wont happen. Just scared it will. In my last relationship i never had to worry about woman drueling over my man. I'm scared one day that the WRONG woman will think he is hot & try to go for him.

So yeah......i guess i CAN be jealous.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• me and my boyfriend are exactly the same way!!! Except..he is kinda jealous but I have pretty much broke him of that. We always joke and say we wanna do each others friends...cuz we are messed up like that...lol
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• no, not really. I'm very secure in my marraige and how my husband feels about me.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• We do alot of joking and stuff like saying his best friend is my DD daddy instead of him and stuff like that.I don't mind him getting a little dirty with other women as long as I know the situation and I know it is a joke. We joke about wierd stuff so you aren;t alone:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 6:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• We are the same way. We trust eachother.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2009