First Year

What did you do for your babys first birthday? I'm just looking for general ideas. I would probably just do a family bday party...

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 4:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Happy BIrthday!

Try not to make it too overwhelming. Babies get cranky when too much is going on, and they won't remember it. Take lots of pictures.

Maybe a family day and then cake with close family. Have Fun!
    NoraBean

Answer by NoraBean at 7:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• We rented a pavillion at a park and invited some of our friends and family. We bought hamburger and hotdogs and made them on grill.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• We just celebrated our son's 1st bday two weeks ago. I live in Michigan and wanted to have the party at our city park, but didn't want to chance it with our crazy weather. So we decided to have it at our house. It was just family. All the friends we wanted to invite have multiple kids and it would have been a zoo here, so we limited it to family-only. We had 12 adults and 5 kids and that was a good amount. No theme for us, and we did chicken kabobs on the grill. It turned out really great, but I was so happy it was over!

If you have good weather in your area, and it's pretty consistent, I would consider going to a park. It's hard, if there is going to be other kids there, to keep everyone occupied. At least, at a park, there is other stuff to do. And you could bring outdoor games too.

HAVE FUN!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009