I hate my marriage and There are guys working on my house is it normal to have a fantasy or 2

All this week there is a group of 5 guys and their foreman roofing my house. They are here all day, no shirts, tan, and they are ripped and toned!
the foreman always is right there ready to talk to me about everything.
He has blond curls, blue eyes,tanned and toned and when he is sweaty his pants slip below the waist and suddenly he looks like he should be in a hot sexy add for jeans.
So I have a husband to think about. He comes home ignores his 4 yr old sits in his recliner, picking his nose and drinking his beer. The nose picking is as obsessive as the beer drinking!
All he is to me is a provider, which isn't much. the guy is 50 and makes $14 an hour.
My problem is I love the attention I get from other men and it makes me feel wanted. I worry that I'm going to end up cheating! There's no talking to my husband, he's a pig who feels he has no problems and if I bring up anything, he's just says "thats bullshit"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Fantasies are definitely fun and I don't think there's anything wrong with them. BUT, you seem to have a bigger issue. You're daydreaming and fantasizing because you lack attention and affection from your husband, which is something everyone needs and wants.

My saying is: Mend it or end it. If you still love your husband, then you need to "mend" your marriage. If you no longer love him and feel you're going to cheat, then you need to "end" your marriage. Staying in it longer will not make it better.

Fantasize in your head, not in your bed.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 4:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yes it's normal... I'm happy in my marriage but I don't mind telling you that if a great looking shirtless man was there for my eye candy I'd be happy to enjoy it (looking, not touching).
    Most guys in construction know tho that if the wife isn't happy then no one's going to be happy so they will be extra nice to her.
    There's not very much he should need to talk to you about unless you're a fellow roofer. Sounds like you're making a point to be outside when they're there (which I don't recommend because it's just going to slow them down).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• hmm....honestly, i would consider whether i would want to stay with him or not.... considering what i believe, i would never divorce my husband, but i understand that sometimes, there is nothing else to do....
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 4:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Make a decision about your marriage b4 making a move. don't be a cheater, it is good to clean up one mess b4 creating another. Cheating wont fix your marriage problems. Of course its ok to fantasize, but don't act on it...deal withyour husband!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• lol, i had to laugh a little w/ your descriptions. I understand.....yes honey daydream away!!! It's OK! But, if you are really wanting to hit the sack with another man maybe you should tell you husband first.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Fantasizing and flirting/talking to other men is ok I think..As long as that's all you do..If you want to do more with another man..Get a divorce.

Answer by louise2 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• OP HERE:
    I'm always coming and going so whenever the foreman has a chance he talks to. Like I went out and got beer and the foreman started a whole convo about beer and he's so hot, etc., lol it was entertaining and told him it was hubby's
    When it comes right down to it....No I couldn't lay with another man while I'm still married......I am just a just horned up! and need to not feel guilty about what I would do with the foreman if I was single....oh!! mann!!! if I was just single!!! I would not be on cafemom right now....;op
    Anonymous

• fantasizes are fun. Enjoy them. Flirt, tease, whatever floats your boat but don't touch. They might have some disease you don't want!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You are married & you should keep your thoughts pure. Do something about yourself & your marriage instead of just complain & sit around feeling helpless. Start exercising, eating right, etc.... but keep your vows with all your heart, mind & body.
    Anonymous

• Hearing your description of the foreman I'm having a fantasy now! Have your fantasy, just don't cheat. Good luck.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009