SUMMERTIME FOR A 6 MONTH OLD

Should I start giving her any water or apple juice? It's getting near the 100s where I live and was wondering if I should be giving her water?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 4:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i gave my kid 4 oz mixed of apple juice and water.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 4:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yeah, give her water. if she needs a little flavor just put a pinch of juice in there and fill up with water. or you can get pedialite, but that's expensive
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Water for sure.
    cthorn14

Answer by cthorn14 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Water, diluted juice and sunscreen 30 mins before going outside, lightly dressed with a hat to protect her head...Dont forget about the ears and back of the neck.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Ok, thanks ya'll!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Definitely water. Plain old water.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Be careful with the amount of juice you use, though. Once they get a taste of sugar, it's nearly impossible to get them to drink water at all. My son didn't like water at first, but I kept trying and he eventually took to it after about a week. The sugar they added to almost all juice is bad for their new teeth and puts them in danger of having a "sweet tooth" later. My doctor warned me about all of this and advised me to use pedialite and water when it's really hot out and we're spending time outdoors and to try to avoid introducing juice until the toddler stage so that my son would continue to like eating veggies and other bland food without getting too attached to the sweet stuff. So far, it's working because I make homemade baby food & he eats things that all my friends' kids spit out. Just some food for thought :-)
    Anonymous