Story of 2 children found in trunk

I was just wondering if I was the only one a lil angry at the news story today of the 5 yr old boy and his 4 yr old sister found hudling together holding hands dead in the trunk of their grandmas car. It was said they were playing and went missing for 45mins when the grandma found them.
I could not understand why a 5 yr old and 4 yr old were out playing unsupervised like that, I have a 5yr old and 4yr old and i keep a watchful eye. My heart does go out to the family but what happened to watching the kids.
There was also the thing of safety lach, do any of you have one in your car and if so have you taught your children how to use it? They were controversal on that in the broadcast also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That is really sad..this isnt the first time ive heard or read about kids being hurt under grandparents supervision. i wonder if grandparents havent realized that the world is much different today than it was in their time...or when their kids were younger...maybe grandparents (some) just dont realize they cant be so lax these days!!!

I def knew about the latch in the trunk...i always check and make sure mine works...paranoid i guess but if im ever trapped mine glows in the dark lol!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• wow. that is so sad.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No I didnt even hear of this. Nor did I know of the safety latch. I'm going to be investing in one though.
    cthorn14

Answer by cthorn14 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I didn't hear about it. Senseless. I won't comment further since I don't know all of the circumstances, but sometimes, I wish there had to be a parenting course and exam that was mandatory.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My kids play outside all of the time alone. It depends on where you live and your neighborhood.
    Anonymous

• I have not hear about this. A three year old girl drowned in the lake in my home town. She was outside playing with her 7 year old brother while all the adults were BBQing. Who lets a three year old go play in 4 feet of water with a 7 year old who does not know how to swim????
    Anonymous

• Oh my goodness that is so sad.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• This story was on Fox News this morning, such a sad thing. Also I dont think your neighborhood and where you live has anything to do with letting your kids play alone. This happened because the kids some how got into the trunk not because there was a bad person in the neighborhood. It could have been prevented if someone was watching those kids, cause im sure no adult would let their child climb into a trunk
    Anonymous

• NEVER let ur kids play outside with out being watched till at least the age of 9.....and it dont matter where u live good or bad neighborhood ANYTHINKG could happen dont mean by a bad person but it could be a dog....a car.....or playing in something that they shouldnt be playing in.....when my kids are of age where i think its ok to be outside alone for a lil while playing ......i would never just leave them outside to play all day without checking on them.....and they would know to stay out the street heck my 3yo knows not to go in the street when we are outside playing and the ball goes in the street he stays in the yard and asks us to get his ball and he knows about "bad guys" its all about leing ur childredn know that the world is not a "peachy place" there are bad things out there and they could hurt u
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 6:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• "My kids play outside all of the time alone. It depends on where you live and your neighborhood. "

Did you read the post? Seems like this could happen anywhere, even if you have the safest neighborhood. When children are unsupervised, they can literally kill themselves.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009