Why don't the parents on Noggin shows have to deal with bratty kids?

Seriously... I watch Little Bill or Little Bear and feel like an inept parent! The parents on these shows always say the right thing, never lose their temper, and NEVER have to deal with a toddler meltdown. I want Noggin to have a show that is the cartoon equivalent to Roseanne! LOL

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 4:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• b/c it shows little kids how to act right... but on kailan that little tiger is a brat most of the time
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Because it's for the kids really. To show them how to act and be nice and such. It's not reality. -laughs-
    cthorn14

Answer by cthorn14 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yeah, I know. I just wanted to joke about how it isn't reality...

banging head into wall<----- Me, yesterday, after dealing with 2 tantrums in a row...

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• They say the right thing because they have lots of hours to come up with the best answer and they only have to deal with the kids for 30 mins each day :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i soo agree with you! my daughter is always like mommy little bear is a good bear, and i'm like maybe you should turn into a bear and be like him!!!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Would you rather them watch bratty kids and think that is how they should be??
    Anonymous

• But ya know what? Half the shows don't even have parents! Where are Max and Ruby's parents?? Off making more little bratty rabbits, that's where. Of all the Noggins, Max needs parents the most. He's a little turd.

And Oswald is how old? Like 12? No parents there either. Dora and Diego don't have parents (at least not that I've seen...I can't stand the show so this is just gathered from the few minutes I catch here and there).

So I guess the lesson there is if you're obnoxious, you'll chase your parents away :)

And if there was a Roseanne type Noggin show, I'd be all over it!
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree with PrincessZ20 - there are no parents on so many of the shows! The other one she didn't list is Toot and Puddle. Are they kids or adults? How do they get the money to travel the world, when we never see them working?

While we're on Noggin, does anyone else hate Yo Gabba Gabba? What's up with the skinny dude in the funny orange suit?
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• LOL! That's DJ Lance Rocks. He is the only black guy I've ever seen that has NO dance skills whatsoever!
    As for the other questions... I have seen Diego and Dora's parents. There is an episode where Dora is attending her cousin's Quincenera party, and both Dora and Diego's parents are there. What's funny is that on one episode of Diego, he introduces his parents, and they are animal conservationists. So where are they when Diego is roaming the jungle??
    And ditto with the Max and Ruby posts. You're right, PrincessZ20... Max is a little turd! lol My son has started using one word over...and over... and over...and over... just like Max does. It drives me NUTS, because my son is 3 1/2 and can use the English language beautifully, he just chooses not to because of that show. So it isn't allowed on in our house anymore. Not because I find it "wrong"... it's just that my son digresses when he watches it.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2009