Are American parents aware that "spaking" is considered abuse in most other countries and has been outlawed by several?

How is it so normal in America, but most other countries are appalled by it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I meant "spanking" children, sorry.
    Anonymous

• are most american parents aware that "time outs", the kind where you make them face a wall is abuse now too? jeez, soon redirection will become abuse too!

"spare the rod, spoil the child"
    Anonymous

• do you have a link? i'd like to know what other countries those are and waht their deffinition of spanking is.
    Anonymous

• Well, due to your lack of intelligence for spelling, I can understand how you would think this. But you are so totally wrong on this one Babe. It is not child abuse. All countries use it some even have corporal punishment, such as spanking in schools. OMG spanking! Get a clue.. and I will discipline my child, as I see fit. You are probably raising a whining ass kid that no one wants to be around and one who will be hated in school... Perhaps you need to spank your child and not worry about everyone elses... PLEASE do use a favor and discipline YOUR KID!
    Anonymous

• Spanking is not abuse it's discipline.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yeah, but most of these other countries parent differently from the beginning, which often negates the need to spank a child because they behave differently.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No..they just cut off hands for forms of punishement. lol
    Anonymous

• spanking is punishment, not discipline.
    the rod was used to guide sheep, not beat them.
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 4:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• "Yeah, but most of these other countries parent differently from the beginning, which often negates the need to spank a child because they behave differently"

EXACTLY!!
    They behave better, lol.

yeah, no, god no, I wouldn't spank. yeurrgh.
    Anonymous

• That is why I don't allow my government to raise my children. :) They belong to me not them.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009