Birth control?

I had my son 2 months ago and my doctor perscribed me bc but told me to wait until i get my period before i start taking it. Its been 2 months and i still havent gotten my period do i need to wait for it or can i just start taking it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i started mine before my period my dr told me too . idk tho you should call them and ask
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My doctor told me the same thing at first, but when I kept asking questions about it, he gave in and told me that I didn't have to wait. I took the depo shot about 6 weeks after delivery. The doc said the only negative effect was that it would mess up my cycle. I told him that I had no problem starting a new cycle and having it be different from where it was at before the pregnancy. I was very glad that I did this because I was breast feeding and didn't get my first post-pregnancy period until after my baby was almost 7 months old!

Of course, my scenario revolves around the depo shot. Other birth control methods may be different, but I would definitely ask your doctor and/or some of the nurses there for a second opinion.
    IndieRockMommy

Answer by IndieRockMommy at 5:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i didn't get my period till my DD was 7 months... so is waiting even an option for you? :)
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009