dangerous 1 year old>?

My beautiful little daughter is 18 months old. She is very busy as most are. and she is also very fearless. I know these are all typical one year old things, however she has this thing with wrapping any thing around her neck. I dunno if its a comfort thing with her. but im at my wits end with it. She will get her blanket out of the crib wrap that around her kneck, she will hunt things out of the laundry hamper and wrap thwem around her kneck, its always clotheing articles. her brother has a blanket he carrys everywhere and if she gets her hands on that it goes around her neck, i have night mares over this. I know shes only a baby but how do i get her to stop this behavior?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stange question I know but was the cord wrapped around her neck at birth?

No I am not crazy but several studies are being done, it states that children remember there birthing experiance and relive it to cope with the fear, anxiety etc.... Researchers are connecting it with bonding,ADHD, etc.... We as a whole are having more and more issues with our children compaired to other countries and reasearch is showing it is how we birth our children and the first hour after birth. No the last part has nothing to do with you but the study went into a lot more information.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My 13 month old does this but for her she does it to make me laugh she wraps clothes around her neck like a scarf or necklace and grabs her toy purse and walks to the door and waves at me and says bye bye...she mimics me!
    Tayy26

Answer by Tayy26 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• sounds very dangerous maybe you can talk to your pediatrician. my 15 month old likes to stick things in his ears anything he can find crayons straws paper i have taken out soup noodles cereal and even meat i have to watch him constantly cause i am scared he is gonna do major damge i have a 5 year old who is deaf (not from sticking stuff in her ears) and i fear he is gonna harm his hearing good luck with a solution mine is only to hover over them constantly. not easy!!
    Anonymous

• look her in the eyes & say no you don't put things around your neck-
    maybe a 1 min time out each time she does it.
    then take the object away- & don't leave her alone for one second.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009