Does anybody know how much of a chance kid #2 has at hing autism if the 1st kid has it?

I was just wondering. I know this isn't "just for fun", but I didn't know where else to put it.

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont know the percentage but i do know things like tha tit does go up in risk factors
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• not sure of the % but i have a friend whose 2nd child is the only one that is autistic and she has 3....
    Anonymous

• OP you might get more responces in general parenting or kids health.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm not sure. Have you looked it up online? I do know children who have autism and all of their siblings are fine. Autism is such an unknown disease. There is no certainty of how a kid gets it or if they are predisposed. There is no REAL sure for Autism. There are different degrees of autism. It is such a questionable subject that there are people who actually do not believe that this is a real disease. Tell that to the parents of children who have it.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009