MMR Vaccine...please dont debate vaccines....

My son has been vaccinated on an alternative schedule but he is up to date now. He is almost one and is due for his MMR. I have already told my Dr. that we wont do combo vaccines so he is getting 3 separate shots at 3 different times. My question is, how long should I wait in between each of the three? Are there any alternatives to this LIVE vaccine?
Has any one else immunized this way?
If you are going to tell me not to vaccinate my son, I have done the research and your opinion will not matter. I just want to know how others have gone about vaccinating THIS way.

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 4:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• sorry idk what to tell you, i did the combo mmr with my daughter just to keep her from having to be stuck 3 times :P hope you find the answer you're looking for though
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would get them AT LEAST a month apart if you can. However i have heard they are not offering the MMR as seperate shots any more. so GL to you.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I did the combo too. sorry
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 4:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I did the combo BUT my Ped. wanted to do the chicken pox vax the same day. I said no so she told me to come back for it in 2-3 weeks if that helps.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I've also heard they did away with the seperate MMR shots.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'd also say 1 month apart, if you'd really like to get the vaccine. I don't believe there is an alternative to the live one, but I haven't checked. My friend did three separate shots with her daughter about a year and a half ago so if the company that sells it separate went out of business or something, it would have been recently. If you can't get it separate from the doctor, call around and see if anyone might have some left in their labs (I know that sounds terrible, but I worked for a doctor who kept 'special' vaccines for certain patients).
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 2:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We don't vaccinate so I have no personal expierence to offer, but from what I have read from Dr. Tennpenny and others is that it is wise to wait at least 2 month between the shots.. There is no alternative to the Live virus vaccine other than exposing your children to the virus, which I gues is not a alternative you would want to choose..
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 2:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My kids will wait at least 6 months in between all of their vaccines. The separate mmr won't be available again until 2011 though, does your doctor already have some stored?
    Bos_Boo

Answer by Bos_Boo at 12:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2009