This question isn't meant for all.. just those that find spanking a child so awful...

I want to know how you were disciplined as a child. What happened in your life to make you feel that spanking is a child is wrong. Now, understand there is a difference between spanking, hitting and beating, Okay.... spanking a child on the butt. What is so wrong with that? Sometimes, I see mom's in the mall pleading and begging their child to behave... do they realize how stupid they look? Just pick that kid up and spank his butt... if you don't do it, can I, seriously?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'll put it this way, I was spanked If I didn't listen, i got warned, then a second warning then it was my butt, I couldn't sit down for a hour, I was not beaten i was spanked, it breaks my heart when I have to "spank" my neices n nephews and as it gets older it will be different pushinments but for now thats what works. I don't beat n I never will but spanking there is nothing wrong with. why don't you say that without the anno
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I wasn't spanked. I trusted my parents - they never hurt me - but that doesn't mean I wasn't disciplined, there were still consiquences for my actions, and I learned.

I wouldn't ever hit my children either - it seems to me very disrespectful, and mean.

I always wonder why some people think no spanking= no discipline.

As if that is the only way to teach a child.

Anonymous

• I personally don't believe in spanking my children. I was as a child(not beaten) but I still feel that spanking is still hitting your child. Your putting your hands on them in a angry way. I don't try to reason with them if they act like that, I remove them from the situation and take them outside or in the bathroom and calm them down or redirect them. I don't judge anyone that chooses to spank, it's just not MY thing.
    Anonymous

• I agree.

I got a pat on the butt if things got out of hand when I was little. Let me tell you this, I'm not scarred by any means. I don't 'beg' my son to behave. He will or he's in trouble, at least when he's older. He's one and I'm already trying to do discipline methods.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• AMEN woop that ass!! lol
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• in another question here someone was like "I'd hate to meet your child" to someone who said they didn't spank!
    I can't believe someone would think a kid who wasn't spanked would be a bad kid!! How ignorant.
    Cavemen.
    Anonymous

• I am a spanker in stages. First you get warned, then if you still act up get a hand spank, thats when I say put your hand out and I slap it. If that does not work then I move on to the with your pants on spank. If they are still being buts after all that they get the full on bare butt spank.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 4:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• "AMEN woop that ass!! lol"

sick.
    laughing at the thought of hurting a childs bottom.

a mother?
    no.
    Anonymous

• *YAWN*
    Anonymous

• no i dont spank
    i do time outs and take away toys
    and now my oldest who is 5 is well behavied never have i had to raise my voice he never acts up in public and he even tells other children to behave .
    his teachers even have said that he tells the other students to stop hitting or kicking or to be quite and listen to the teacher . he even opens doors for women .
    and i NEVER spanked him
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2009